It's time to Upgrade Your Game with the OTTO DIY - Sanwa JLF Upgrade Kit V5
The Sanwa JLF has been relatively standard since the 1990s. Sanwa built a quality lever that the Japanese arcades loved and with a few exceptions left it alone for years. Companies have introduced updates for it to include Octogon Gates, Circle Gates, oversided acutators, and tighter springs, but the overall feel and operation at the heart of the JLF has never changed and the parts were never offered in a complete kit. Until now, thanks to OTTO DIY.
OTTO DIY created the V5 Upgrade Kit to improve the stock JLF Pivot while retaining the stock feel you've come to love.
OTTO DIY has examined the entire JLF experience and improved every aspect of it:
- Each kit includes both OTTO DIY gates: FD and BYF. Both feature a single piece design so there is no gaps or wiggle room between the gate and gate housing commonly found in the JLF. This ensures consistent and predictable gate placement at all times. The FD uses the standard square gate design found on all stock JLFs where as the BYF takes the benefits of the circle gate and combines them with those of the square gate so you can make smooth 360 degree motions and still find the corners easily.
- To make actuation quick, each kit comes with three oversized actuators. 12mm, 12.5mm, and 13mm. This allows you the most flexibility to acheive the perfect throw required for switch activation. The larger the actuator, the shorter distance you need to move the lever to hit your switches. This allows you to hit directions faster (speed*time = distance, distance goes down and speed is constant... the time has to go down!) giving you a competitive edge.
- The V5 Pivot is machined TEFLON making it smoother and more durable than the stock JLF pivot.Additionally, TEFLON has one of the lowest coefficients of friction of any material available meaning its always going to feel smooth and requires far less Shin-Etsu grease than regular plastic or nylon parts.
So, what are the benefits of the V5 upgrade?
Its a complete upgrade solution. It offers the lowest friction of any pivot available, removes all slop in the stock gates, reduces throw required for switch actuation, and creates an amazingly smooth lever that is unique and feels great and responsive.
What's included in the V5 Customization Kit:
- OTTO DIY Nylon JLF Body
- OTTO DIY FD Nylon Gate - Square Gate
- OTTO DIY BYF Nylon - Circle Hybrid Gate
- OTTO DIY Nylon Oversized Actuator Kit - 12, 12.5, and 13mm
- OTTO DIY Teflon Pivot Setup
- OTTO DIY "Gold" YFS Screws and Nuts
- 2.0mm Allen Key
- A small bead of Shin Etsu Grease in a sealable container
What do you need to re-use from a stock JLF?
- JLF Plate
- Switch PCB. It is compatible with individual Cherry and Panasonic Switches as well as the Qanba Lever PCB for even more customization options!
- Spring Top Hat
Install Video (Starts at 11:11)