It's time to Upgrade Your Game with the OTTO DIY - Sanwa JLF Upgrade Kit V2
[PRE-ORDER - Ships Early DECEMBER 2018]
The Sanwa JLF has been relatively standard since the 1990s. Sanwa built a quality lever that the Japanese arcades loved and with a few exceptions left it alone for years. Companies have introduced updates for it to include Octogon Gates, Circle Gates, oversided acutators, and tighter springs, but the overall feel and operation at the heart of the JLF has never changed and the parts were never offered in a complete kit. Until now, thanks to OTTO DIY.
OTTO DIY created the V2 Upgrade Kit to bring some of the magic of the Korean lever offerings such as the Myoungshun Fanta and Crown 303 series to the Sanwa JLF. While it isn't exactly the same feel as a traditional Korean lever when upgraded, the JLF jumps into action with the awesome addition of silicon grommets instead of the standard bowl pivot of a standard JLF. This adds tension at the top of the lever at two different levels (40 or 60 depending on the grommet used) and tightens up the overall experience significantly. Die hard Korean lever users will appreciate the update to the JLF and those trying to get a new lever experience without making the jump to a full Korean lever will immediately notice the tighter control it offers with the kit installed.
OTTO DIY has examined the entire JLF experience and improved every aspect of it:
- Each kit includes both OTTO DIY gates: FD and BYF. Both feature a single piece design so there is no gaps or wiggle room between the gate and gate housing commonly found in the JLF. This ensures consistent and predictable gate placement at all times. The FD uses the standard square gate design found on all stock JLFs where as the BYF takes the benefits of the circle gate and combines them with those of the square gate so you can make smooth 360 degree motions and still find the corners easily.
- To make actuation quick, each kit comes with three oversized actuators. 12mm, 12.5mm, and 13mm. This allows you the most flexibility to acheive the perfect throw required for switch activation. The larger the actuator, the shorter distance you need to move the lever to hit your switches. This allows you to hit directions faster (speed*time = distance, distance goes down and speed is constant... the time has to go down!) giving you a competitive edge.
- The V2 Silicon inserts come in two tensions: 40 and 60. These in combination with the spring affects the overall tension of the lever when assembled.
- The .95# spring has less tension than a standard JLF spring, which accounts for the added tension provided by the silicon grommet. If you want an even tighter lever, the standard JLF spring can be used. Using a 2# or heavier spring with the kit is not recommended.
So, what are the benefits of the V2 upgrade?
Its a complete upgrade solution. It offers the unique feel of the silicon gromment pivot, removes all slop in the stock gates, reduces throw required for switch actuation, and creates a hybrid Korean/Japanese lever that is unique and feels great.
What's included in the V2 Customization Kit:
- OTTO DIY Nylon JLF Body
- OTTO DIY FD Nylon Gate - Square Gate
- OTTO DIY BYF Nylon - Circle Hybrid Gate
- OTTO DIY .95# Spring
- OTTO DIY Nylon Oversized Actuator Kit - 12, 12.5, and 13mm
- OTTO DIY Teflon Grommet Pivot Setup with both 40 and 60 silicon inserts
- OTTO DIY "Gold" YFS Screws and Nuts
- 2.0mm Allen Key
- A small bead of Shin Etsu Grease in a sealable container
What do you need to re-use from a stock JLF?
- JLF Plate
- Switch PCB. It is compatible with individual Cherry and Panasonic Switches as well as the Qanba Lever PCB for even more customization options!
- Spring Top Hat